[U-Boot-Users] Ram disk image for ARM and CRC error in flash

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Sep 7 16:46:44 CEST 2005

In message <1126101707.8716977cS3092131 at student.rmit.edu.au> you wrote:

> SWAP$ erase 0x40000 0x1fffff
> ....... done
> Erased 7 sectors
>
> SWAP$ cp.b 0xa0800000 0x40000 0xbc781
> Copy to Flash... done
>
> SWAP$ iminfo 0x40000
> ## Checking Image at 00040000 ...
>    Image Name:   Linux Kernel Image
>    Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
>    Data Size:    771905 Bytes =3D 753.8 kB
>    Load Address: a0800000
>    Entry Point:  a0800000
>    Verifying Checksum ...    Bad Data CRC
> o/p<<<
>
> Why do i get this error.

Are you sure your hardware is working fine? No RAM problems otherwise?

> 2>
> Using the uImage in RAM, when
> i try to execute it using bootm from
> the RAM. i get the following output
>
> o/p>>>
> SWAP$ bootm 0xa0800000
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> ## Booting image at a0800000 ...
>    Image Name:   Linux Kernel Image
>    Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
>    Data Size:    771905 Bytes = 753.8 kB
>    Load Address: a0800000
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dowanload address and load address must differt at by least the  size
of the uncompressed kernel size.

> After reading the manual, REadme and  a  few posts
> i came to know that the bootargs were set to NFSboot.

Thisi s not a bootargs issue.

> 3>
> I would be able to prepare uRamdisk using mkimage,
> but that requires an image data file
> SIMPLE-ramdisk.image.gz to be specified with the
> -d switch.
> How do i make the SIMPLE-ramdisk.image.gz so that

Read the manual.

> OR from where do i find SIMPLE-ramdisk.image. for
> ARM processor

For example from our ELDK: /opt/eldk/arm/images/

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
No one may kill a man.  Not for any purpose.  It cannot be condoned.
	-- Kirk, "Spock's Brain", stardate 5431.6