[U-Boot-Users] Problem to boot with Multi-File Image

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 16 09:29:17 CEST 2005

In message <OFEBEA6ADB.E3509735-ON6525707E.00234D5F-6525707E.00256DDB at tcs.com> you wrote:

> I am trying to boot the OMAP5912 board from u-boot prompt, with a multi
> file image.
> I copied the  image to RAM  at address 10000000, and  and execute " bootm
> 10000000". The system hangs. Even the hard reset does not give the u-boot.

I guess this has nothing to do with it being a multi file image...

> I used the following command to create the multi file image "mkimage -A
> arm -O Linux -T multi -C gzip -n 'Ramdisk Image' -d
> omap/vmlinux.gz:ramdisk.img.gz linux.img"  and set "bootargs=rw" before

You gogeot to set the load and entry point addresses!

>    Image Type:   ARM Linux Multi-File Image (gzip compressed)
>    Load Address: 00000000
>    Entry Point:  00000000

This is bound to fail on ARM.

> Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message ...

Please make sure not to include this nonsense trailer  when  poosting
to public mailing lists.

> --=_alternative 00256D986525707E_=

And never again post HTML on this list!!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
An armed society is a polite society.