[U-Boot-Users] bootm and script images

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 16 12:51:00 CEST 2005

In message <432A9D2A.2060501 at esd-electronics.com> you wrote:

> I am wondering if there is a special reason why bootm currently cannot
> handle script images. Does anything speak against bootm calling
> autoscript() for AU_SCRIPT marked images?

Yes. Bootm is intended to boot (Linux)  kernel  images,  that's  all.
There  are  other  commands to deal with other objects, like "go" for
standalone images, "autoscr" for scripts,

Please keep the design smalland simple. We don't need no  eierlegende
Woll-Milch-Säue in U-Boot :-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Name one thing windows is better than unix in?
                                          Making money for Microsoft?
         -- Randal L. Schwartz in <8cvi5t4c3t.fsf at gadget.cscaper.com>