[U-Boot-Users] [Patch]IntegratorAP & CP multi core module support

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Sep 25 15:43:39 CEST 2005

In message <89A528FE6DB0FA44877BB2F05B84671801C12EB6 at ZIPPY.Emea.Arm.com> you wrote:

> 	Just trying to keep to the official ARM ids, until I was
> defeated by
> gnumake's distaste for '-'.

Please let the official ARM ids be what they are, but  use  readable,
and typable, names in U-Boot. The current names are a PITA.

> Altho I dislike having to remember several (slighly different)
> names for the same thing - long live Occam's razor.

See my previous message. Short names are MUCH easier to remember :-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The connection between the language in which we think/program and the
problems and solutions we can imagine is very close. For this  reason
restricting  language  features  with  the intent of eliminating pro-
grammer errors is at best dangerous.
               - Bjarne Stroustrup in "The  C++ Programming Language"