[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot Loader in Hard Disk

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Apr 3 13:12:44 CEST 2006

Hello,

in message <21c86c970604030338s30681614t72b238fcb2fa4e0c at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I am new to u-boot loader. Is it possible to add the U-boot loader in Hard
> Disk MBR(To start from Hard Disk not from Board)? As well as I need to know

And which software is then supposed to initialize the hardware and to
load and start U-Boot?  Please  understand  that  U-Boot  is  a  boot
loader.

> how to add the same in USB Pen Drive also.

Again, no.

Guess why you cannot put a PC's BIOS onto the harddisk  or  a  memory
stick?

> ------=_Part_15206_14456330.1144060710157

Please never post HTML on this list. Never.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Es gibt immer genug fuer die Beduerfnisse aller, aber  niemals  genug
fuer die Gier einzelner.                                    -- Ghandi