[U-Boot-Users] Re: Compiled system and target board mismatched while make U-boot image..

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Apr 7 01:05:31 CEST 2006

In message <44357A9C.8010907 at corelatus.se> you wrote:

> This is not a dbau1550 question IMHO. It is an endian question for mips
> platforms and I am not qualified to determine if it is correct or not.
> I use big endian and ELDK ;-)
>
> Wolfgang?

Yessir!! I'm here at work. What's up?

Ummm... What shall I say? ELDK for  MIPS  supports  both  LE  and  BE
configurations, and both work just fine, except for the fact that the
dbau1x00  port  produces  warnings  because it is broken as it uses a
definition of HZ which is not 1000:

-> export CROSS_COMPILE=mips_4KC-
-> ./MAKEALL dbau1550
Configuring for dbau1x00 board...
net.c: In function `NetStartAgain':
net.c:597: warning: integer overflow in expression
xyzModem.c: In function `xyzModem_stream_open':
xyzModem.c:455: warning: unused variable `console_chan'
 127896    4548   22864  155308   25eac u-boot

-> export CROSS_COMPILE=mips_4KCle-
-> ./MAKEALL dbau1550_el
Configuring for dbau1x00 board...
net.c: In function `NetStartAgain':
net.c:597: warning: integer overflow in expression
xyzModem.c: In function `xyzModem_stream_open':
xyzModem.c:455: warning: unused variable `console_chan'
 130072    4548   22864  157484   2672c u-boot

IMHO it's clearly a toolchain problem, but who am I to know such things?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
We fight only when there is no other choice. We prefer  the  ways  of
peaceful contact.
	-- Kirk, "Spectre of the Gun", stardate 4385.3