[U-Boot-Users] BDI vs. Lauterbach

David Snowdon daves at cse.unsw.edu.au
Mon Apr 10 14:38:03 CEST 2006

G'Day,

I've been looking at a few of the posts regarding debugging tools,
and the standard answer on this list appears to be "Get a BDI2000".
I'm presently looking at getting a debugger to use to bring up a new
board, get U-Boot going, and eventually do a lot of OS work (a new OS
that we're developing - see http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au -- sorry,
shameless plug).

Some people that we are working with use the Lauterbach Trace32 tools
extensively, and we've had some good experiences with them. I was
wondering if anyone on this list had used both (particularly while
developing U-Boot), and how the BDI-2000 stacks up against the
Lauterbach equivalent. (Apart from being significantly cheaper).

Any insights much appreciated.

Many thanks,

David Snowdon,
Research Engineer,