[U-Boot-Users] About Boot from EEPROM.

Lu Weijiang levy_lu at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 13 06:10:16 CEST 2006

Hi,all

I'm new to U-boot.I am working on a MPC8247 board which has EEPROM(512KB)
as the Boot chip and a flash(16MB) as the data flash.The physical address
of the EEPROM is 0xfff80000-0xffffffff,and the physical address of the
flash is 0xC2000000-0xC3000000.I have several questions as listed below:

1) If we could burn the u-boot.bin to the EEPROM throuth programer off the
board and only read data from the EEPROM on board,should i need the driver
for the EEPROM?

2) If it is correct to set the values of CFG_FLASH_BASE, CFG_MONITOR_BASE
and TEXT_BASE like this:
CFG_FLASH_BASE=0xC2000000
CFG_MONITOR_BASE=0xfff80000
TEXT_BASE=0xfff80000

3) I saw CFG_RAMBOOT in Start.S and CFG_LOWBOOT in MPC8260ads.h.What is the
meaning of them,sorry I am blunt to software.

Any suggestion is appreciated!

Best Regards,
levy