[U-Boot-Users] About Boot from EEPROM.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 13 08:38:56 CEST 2006

In message <BAY113-F14E878F958FBE0A21EAFCE8FC30 at phx.gbl> you wrote:

> 1) If we could burn the u-boot.bin to the EEPROM throuth programer off the
> board and only read data from the EEPROM on board,should i need the driver
> for the EEPROM?

No, unless you want to access it somehow in U-Boot.

In general, you *want* to have a driver to be able to use  U-Boot  to
update itself.

> 2) If it is correct to set the values of CFG_FLASH_BASE, CFG_MONITOR_BASE
> and TEXT_BASE like this:
> CFG_FLASH_BASE=0xC2000000
> CFG_MONITOR_BASE=0xfff80000
> TEXT_BASE=0xfff80000

This may or may not be ok. We don't know your hardware.

> 3) I saw CFG_RAMBOOT in Start.S and CFG_LOWBOOT in MPC8260ads.h.What is the

You better forget these. See the FAQ.

> meaning of them,sorry I am blunt to software.

Ummm... porting U-Boot requires a certain level of qualification...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
No one wants war.
	-- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3201.7