[U-Boot-Users] Kernel Boot Problem - u-boot v1.0.1 - OMAP 730 P2 - v2.6.9-rc1-omap1

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Apr 21 00:12:29 CEST 2006

In message <OF330F1A9F.908919A9-ON65257156.005056CD-65257156.0050B4AD at flextronicssoftware.com> you wrote:

> I am trying to boot kernel version 2.6.9-rc1-omap1 on my OMAP P2 730
> target board, but am facing problems in the kernel boot process. I am

Sounds like a Linux issue to me - you're posting to the wrong list.

> ## Booting image at 10008000 ...
>    Image Name:   Linux-2.6.9-rc1-omap1
>    Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
>    Data Size:    864600 Bytes = 844.3 kB
>    Load Address: 10008000
>    Entry Point:  10008000
>    Verifying Checksum ... OK
>    XIP Kernel Image ... OK

Start simple. Try booting a non-XIP image first.

> Also, I tried changing the filed textaddr-y in the kernel makefile while
> building the kernel zImage. Does any one have any idea that what does this
> address signify & does it effect the kernel images created by the build

There is a very simple rule: don't mess around with things you  don't
understand.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Do you know about being with somebody? Wanting to be? If  I  had  the
whole  universe,  I'd  give it to you, Janice. When I see you, I feel
like I'm hungry all over. Do you know how that feels?
	-- Charlie Evans, "Charlie X", stardate 1535.8