[U-Boot-Users] Accessing mkimage checksum

Sam Song samsongshu at yahoo.com.cn
Fri Apr 28 09:07:21 CEST 2006

Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> mkimage does not display the checksum, but it checks
> it, and you  get error messages and appropriate
> exit code in case of error.

That's not enough in some cases. Factory engineers
need CRC32 checksum of a ROM image for programming
verfication. Besides,a stuff like U-Boot/Kernel/
Rootfs combination cannot be checked by mkimage -l.

So seems an utility which can check the image's
CRC32 checksum is better. I used to download the
stuff to RAM in u-boot and got the result with
crc32 command:-)

Thanks,

Sam