[U-Boot-Users] Accessing mkimage checksum

Tolunay Orkun betatester at orkun.us
Fri Apr 28 17:53:01 CEST 2006

Sam Song wrote:
> NZG <ngustavson at emacinc.com> wrote:
>> Sounds good, it just isn't obvious to me since
>> mkimage -l was verifying the
>> checksum, since it doesn't display an checksum
>> information.
>> Now that you've said it, I see it in the README.
>
> I also haven't seen mkimage -l displaying checksum
> info. Is mkimage I used out of date?
>
> # tools/mkimage -l /tftpboot/uImage
> Image Name:   Linux-2.4.23
> Created:      Tue Dec 20 16:58:58 2005
> Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip
> compressed)
> Data Size:    1442558 Bytes = 1408.75 kB = 1.38 MB
> Load Address: 0x00000000
> Entry Point:  0x00000000
> #
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Sam

It does not print crc. Inspecting code quickly, it only displays crc
**Warning** if there is mismatch but proceeds after that as if nothing
has happened. So, it was not suitable for the task anyhow.

I think -v option can be added to verify the integrity of archive and
return 0 [OK] or an shell error code so it could be used in a shell
script properly.

Best regards,
Tolunay