[U-Boot-Users] Uboot version querry

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 1 14:33:21 CEST 2006

In message <b92b327b0608010444v432983d5jb3b7d2a1b2f012b4 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> We are porting uboot to an ARM based proprietary board (MM6+). I was
> looking at the version available on the ftp site. It has the latest
> version "u-boot-2006-06-30-2020.tar.bz2", whereas the latest version

The FTP server has only snapshots (and "official" releases).

> that sourceforge talks about is "U-Boot 1.1.4". Which is the

We don't use the CVS server at SF any more.

> recommended stable version, to begin the port. I could not find this
> information anywhere on the uboot official site. Another querry, other

You should use the current version (=  top  of  tree)  from  the  git
repository.

> than the "README", is there any other document availabe that talks
> about porting uboot on new ARM board?

Yes - the source code. It speaks for itself.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Alliance: In international politics, the union  of  two  thieves  who
have  their hands so deeply inserted in each other's pocket that they
cannot separately plunder a third.                   - Ambrose Bierce