[U-Boot-Users] ARM product ID

David Hawkins dwh at ovro.caltech.edu
Wed Aug 2 18:00:18 CEST 2006

Russell Peterson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is probably slightly off topic so flame on if you wish.
>
> I'm looking to get u-boot working on a IXP2350.  Does anyone know where
> the CP15 ID register is broken down so I can cleanly ID the chip?

I believe its broken down in the ARM-ARM (book by Seal).

The book was available in PDF at one point ... take a
look on Altera's web site and look for Excalibur
(their old ARM-core-in-FPGA), there used to be a copy
there. If you can't locate it, ask and I'll find a
copy of the PDF.

Of course, that will tell you the field names, but not
Intel's designations within those fields, so perhaps this
is not what you want.

Cheers
Dave