[U-Boot-Users] ARM product ID

Dan Malek dan at embeddedalley.com
Mon Aug 7 20:53:20 CEST 2006

On Aug 2, 2006, at 11:42 AM, Russell Peterson wrote:

> I'm looking to get u-boot working on a IXP2350.  Does anyone know
> where the CP15 ID register is broken down so I can cleanly ID the
> chip?

Do we care?  The 2350 is quite different from the 4xx such
that I believe we should build specifically for that part.  We
know when U-Boot is configured what the processor is, so
just use that knowledge at build time and make the code
as compact as possible.  I think there is little we could use
from the existing cpu/ixp directory.  I think this should be
renamed cpu/ixp425, and we should probably add at
least cpu/ixp2xxx (or maybe even ixp23xx and ixp28xx,
someday).

Thanks.

	-- Dan