[U-Boot-Users] u-boot 1.1.2 hanging when start ?

Frank frannk_m1 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 9 04:45:20 CEST 2006

<http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgcc.gnu.org%2Fml%2Fgcc-patches%2F1999-11%2Fmsg00649.html&ei=8z7ZROb-Mp_isAKOnujfCQ&sig2=o6autVRiFtph0PLakcM8oQ>
> to alignment-traps  on gcc3.3.4 (

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgcc.gnu.org%2Fml%2Fgcc-patches%2F1999-11%2Fmsg00649.html&ei=8z7ZROb-Mp_isAKOnujfCQ&sig2=o6autVRiFtph0PLakcM8oQ)

> To resolve it, I modify PLATFORM_RELFLAGS +=
> -fno-strict-aliasing  -fno-common -ffixed-r8 \
> 	-mshort-load-bytes

<http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgcc.gnu.org%2Fml%2Fgcc-patches%2F1999-11%2Fmsg00649.html&ei=8z7ZROb-Mp_isAKOnujfCQ&sig2=o6autVRiFtph0PLakcM8oQ>
> -msoft-float
> PLATFORM_RELFLAGS += -fno-strict-aliasing  -fno-common
> -ffixed-r8 \
> 	-malignment-traps -msoft-float  to
> on u-boot-1.1.2/cpu/at91rm9200/config.mk
>
> After that, I get uboot.bin
>
> But when i try to write uboot.bin to flash and start,
> i have error on terminal :
> Dataflash read successful: Starting U-boot...
>
> and nothing happend, may be my board is hang...
>
> Where am I wrong? Some one have any suggested for me ?
>
> Thank you for your help in advance,
>
> nm.

You two choices:
Buy a debugger, light some led's or wiggle pin with a different
number of pules to help you figure out where  you're hanging.
The console is enabled very early in the booting process and if
you don't see anything (assuming the code is correct for UART),
you are hanging very soon after the reset vector...