[U-Boot-Users] How to load the second u-boot loader from first one

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 10 08:58:36 CEST 2006

In message <20060810051417.91047.qmail at web32210.mail.mud.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> > What type should I select for the testing u-boot loader ?

> Change TEXT_BASE in <your board dir>/config.mk file to the
> address you want to load it at in ram. Disbale the cpu and SDRAM
> init with CONFIG_INRAM (look in the source for the correct
> spelling), tftpboot the image to the address in sdram and "go
> address".

This may work, but it does not help the original poster.  He  waneted
to  *test* his new image. You will create a *modified* version, which
does not include the parts of U-Boot that cause 99%  of  the  typical
"does not run" problems.

Your approach is worthless for testing.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It is dangerous to be right on a subject  on  which  the  established
authorities are wrong.                                    -- Voltaire