[U-Boot-Users] Uboot drivers querry

Ajay Jain ajay050 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 15:22:35 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have a very very elementary question regarding the drivers as
implemented in uboot. This is regarding the uboot port that I am doing
on my arm proprietary board. I take "at91rm9200" as my reference. I
see that for serial drivers certain functions are exposed for eg.
"serial_puts" or may be for timers "interrupt_init" or "reset_timer"
etc. I see that all these functions are global.

i) How does the bootloader core logic call these functions, are they
registered somewhere? Which is that middle layer, that calls these
functions?

ii) Now I have to implement these functions for my board, so what do
these functions expect? Are these expectations listed anywhere or
reading codes of similar boards is the only alternative? I have gone
through the whole Readme but could not find it.

iii) How do I know which all functions to implement?

Thanks a lot,
Ajay