[U-Boot-Users] Uboot drivers querry

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 11 15:40:07 CEST 2006

In message <b92b327b0608110622j6d100ae1h6381e86dd150a812 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> i) How does the bootloader core logic call these functions, are they
> registered somewhere? Which is that middle layer, that calls these
> functions?

There is no such things as "core logic" or "middle layer".  There  is
only  ony  big  binary  which gets linked together from several objet
files / libraries. We use standard C or assembler function  calls  to
call any function we need.

> ii) Now I have to implement these functions for my board, so what do
> these functions expect? Are these expectations listed anywhere or
> reading codes of similar boards is the only alternative? I have gone
> through the whole Readme but could not find it.

You have to read (and understand!) the existing source code. However,
the function name and prototype is usually quite telling.

> iii) How do I know which all functions to implement?

The linker will tell you any  missing  ones  as  unresolved  external
references.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The C-shell doesn't parse. It adhoculates.
    - Casper.Dik at Holland.Sun.COM in <3ol96k$b2j at engnews2.Eng.Sun.COM>