[U-Boot-Users] Submitting Patch at sourceforge fails

Andreas Schweigstill andreas at schweigstill.de
Wed Aug 23 17:03:30 CEST 2006

Hello!

Wolfgang Denk schrieb:
>> raw-at91 is a tool which automates console input, admittedly in a stupid
>> way,and relies on minicom.
>
> OK, then I will not accept it.  I  hate  minicom,  and  I'm  actively
> blackballing it ;-)

I also find it very important to support minicom on Linux systems
because it is the default terminal program in many Linux distributions.
And it is not true that the usage of sx-at91 would be restricted only
to minicom; minicom itself doesn't contain transfer programs for X-,
Y- and Z-MODEM; instead it uses the external programs from the rzsz
package. A proper solution would be fixing the rzsz's sx program so it
doesn't cause X-MODEM protocol errors for the AT91 implementation.
Even M$ Hyperterminal behaves correctly.

With best regards
Andreas

--
Dipl.-Phys. Andreas Schweigstill