[U-Boot-Users] Submitting Patch at sourceforge fails

Jeff Mock jeff at mock.com
Wed Aug 23 17:23:57 CEST 2006

Andreas Schweigstill wrote:

> Wolfgang Denk schrieb:
>>> raw-at91 is a tool which automates console input, admittedly in a stupid
>>> way,and relies on minicom.
>> OK, then I will not accept it.  I  hate  minicom,  and  I'm  actively
>> blackballing it ;-)
>
> I also find it very important to support minicom on Linux systems
> because it is the default terminal program in many Linux distributions.
> And it is not true that the usage of sx-at91 would be restricted only
> to minicom; minicom itself doesn't contain transfer programs for X-,
> Y- and Z-MODEM; instead it uses the external programs from the rzsz
> package. A proper solution would be fixing the rzsz's sx program so it
> doesn't cause X-MODEM protocol errors for the AT91 implementation.
> Even M$ Hyperterminal behaves correctly.
>
> With best regards
> Andreas

I've recently become a fan of serproxy.  Serproxy is a daemon that acts
as a telnet proxy from a TCP port to a serial port on a linux box.  This
abstracts the serial port on my lab linux machine to be a network device
that I can connect to from anyplace.  It opens up a lot of nice
possibilities and I don't have to deal with the indignities of minicom.

jeff