[U-Boot-Users] Submitting Patch at sourceforge fails

Ulf Samuelsson ulfs at dof.se
Wed Aug 23 22:45:00 CEST 2006

Hello!

Wolfgang Denk schrieb:
>> raw-at91 is a tool which automates console input, admittedly in a stupid
>> way,and relies on minicom.
>
> OK, then I will not accept it.  I  hate  minicom,  and  I'm  actively
> blackballing it ;-)

I also find it very important to support minicom on Linux systems
because it is the default terminal program in many Linux distributions.
And it is not true that the usage of sx-at91 would be restricted only
to minicom; minicom itself doesn't contain transfer programs for X-,
Y- and Z-MODEM; instead it uses the external programs from the rzsz
package. A proper solution would be fixing the rzsz's sx program so it
doesn't cause X-MODEM protocol errors for the AT91 implementation.
Even M$ Hyperterminal behaves correctly.

=> And this is exactly what Marco Cavallini's sx-at91 does
     I do not know if sx-at91 is a generic tool for X-Modem supporting all thinkable modes
     since it was built to talk to the AT91RM9200 BootROM.
     My experience with the minicom + sx-at91 combination is "solid as a rock"

     When I said "depends on minicom", I was probably mistaken.
     Looked briefly into the source and I think you can run it in directly from the prompt
    without having to start minicom.

    "sx-at91 <filename>"

    should be OK (but I did not see any reason to try).

    "raw-at91 <file-name>"  should then work as well.

    (Maybe I should change the name to "u-script")

    "raw-at91" is anyway not so important as "sx-at91"

With best regards
Andreas

--
Dipl.-Phys. Andreas Schweigstill
Schweigstill IT | Embedded Systems

Please do not send mails or "reply" to ulfs at dof.se,
since it will be routed to my GSM phone.
My email address is ulf at atmel.com

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson                ulf at atmel.com
Atmel Nordic AB
Mail:  Box 2033, 174 02 Sundbyberg, Sweden
Visit:  Kavallerivägen 24, 174 58 Sundbyberg, Sweden
Phone +46 (8) 441 54 22     Fax +46 (8) 441 54 29
GSM    +46 (706) 22 44 57

Technical support when I am not available:
AT89 C51 Applications Group: mailto:micro.hotline at nto.atmel.com
AT90 AVR Applications Group: mailto:avr at atmel.com
AT91 ARM Applications Group: mailto:at91support at atmel.com
FPSLIC Application Group: mailto:fpslic at atmel.com