[U-Boot-Users] Submitting Patch at sourceforge fails

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 24 00:25:36 CEST 2006

Dear Ulf,

in message <012201c6c6f6$fab331e0$8f4765d5 at atmel.com> you wrote:

> Wolfgang Denk schrieb:
> >> raw-at91 is a tool which automates console input, admittedly in a stupid
> >> way,and relies on minicom.
> > =
>
> > OK, then I will not accept it.  I  hate  minicom,  and  I'm  actively
> > blackballing it ;-)
>
> I also find it very important to support minicom on Linux systems
> because it is the default terminal program in many Linux distributions.
> And it is not true that the usage of sx-at91 would be restricted only
> to minicom; minicom itself doesn't contain transfer programs for X-,
> Y- and Z-MODEM; instead it uses the external programs from the rzsz
> package. A proper solution would be fixing the rzsz's sx program so it
> doesn't cause X-MODEM protocol errors for the AT91 implementation.
> Even M$ Hyperterminal behaves correctly.

There is something seriously broken with your quoting. This  was  not
typed by you, but is a quote of a previos posting by Andreas Schweig-
still!

> => And this is exactly what Marco Cavallini's sx-at91 does
>      I do not know if sx-at91 is a generic tool for X-Modem supporting all

No, obviously it isn't. It is NOT a fix to the  rzsz  but  instead  a
specialized  package  duplicating  functions of a well-known standard
tool. This alone is reason enough not to distribute it.

Andreas' suggestion was good: instead, please fix the rzsz tool.

> With best regards
> Andreas
>
> --
>
> Dipl.-Phys. Andreas Schweigstill
> Schweigstill IT | Embedded Systems
> Schauenburgerstraße 116, D-24118 Kiel, Germany
> Phone: (+49) 431 5606-435, Fax: (+49) 431 5606-436
> Mobile: (+49) 171 6921973, Web: http://www.schweigstill.de/
>

> Please do not send mails or "reply" to ulfs at dof.se,
>
> since it will be routed to my GSM phone.
> My email address is ulf at atmel.com

Ulf, what you're doing here is not  acceptable.  This  whole  message
looks  as if it was posted by Andreas, without any indication of your
changes / additions. Please stick  to  standard  quoting  rules.  See

And *fix* your mail  setup  instead  of  repeating  your  request  to
ignore standard mailing list practice.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
One does not thank logic.
	-- Sarek, "Journey to Babel", stardate 3842.4