[U-Boot-Users] DS1374 watchdog capabilities

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 28 13:02:01 CEST 2006

In message <44F2C473.5030000 at dave-tech.it> you wrote:

> I'd like to use DS1374 watchdog capabilities. Is it correct to put the
> new stuff in the existing RTC driver (rtc/ds1374.c)? I was thinking

I don't like this idea. Nobody will search  there  when  looking  for
watchdog code.

> #if (CONFIG_WATCHDOG)
> 	new stuff
> #endif

How much of such "new stuff" code will be needed? I guess  it's  just
some intialization, and eventually the trigger routine?

> If it is not acceptable, where should I put the new stuff?

drivers/watchdog/ds1374.c ?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A meeting is an event at which the minutes are kept and the hours are
lost.