[U-Boot-Users] DS1374 watchdog capabilities

llandre r&d2 at dave-tech.it
Mon Aug 28 13:13:06 CEST 2006

>> I'd like to use DS1374 watchdog capabilities. Is it correct to put the
>> new stuff in the existing RTC driver (rtc/ds1374.c)? I was thinking
>
> I don't like this idea. Nobody will search  there  when  looking  for
> watchdog code.
I see.

> How much of such "new stuff" code will be needed? I guess  it's  just
> some intialization, and eventually the trigger routine?
Yes, something like that.

>> If it is not acceptable, where should I put the new stuff?
>
> drivers/watchdog/ds1374.c ?
Ok.
What about the common stuff (registers definitions for example) in order
to avoid code duplication? Is it ok to add include/ds1374.h and to make
and to make functions rtc_read and rtc_write_raw non-static?

--
llandre

DAVE Electronics System House - R&D Department
web:   http://www.dave-tech.it
email: r&d2 at dave-tech.it