[U-Boot-Users] AVR32 patchset available

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 31 14:38:45 CEST 2006

Dear Haarvard,

in message <20060831140349.524b989d at cad-250-152.norway.atmel.com> you wrote:

> I've created a stripped-down patchset for AVR32 which can be downloaded
> from http://avr32linux.org/patches/u-boot/1.1.4-hs1/. The various files
> there should be familiar to anyone who have used -mm versions of the
> Linux kernel. The various formats are also explained at
> http://avr32linux.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/UbootPatches

Ummm.. I assume that
http://avr32linux.org/patches/u-boot/1.1.4-hs1/u-boot-1.1.4-hs1.patch.bz2
contains everything, right?

> If anyone would take a look and tell me what you think should be done
> differently, I would be very grateful. Ulf, have you looked at the
> patches before? Do you have any comments?

Yes, please read the README, and follow the rules given there.

Then check your patch. What I see is only garbage that cannot be
applied at all:

-> patch -s -p1 --dry-run </tmp/u-boot-1.1.4-hs1.patch
14 out of 15 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file CHANGELOG.rej
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n] n
Apply anyway? [n] n
3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file CREDITS.rej
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n] n
Apply anyway? [n] n
6 out of 6 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file MAINTAINERS.rej
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n] n
Apply anyway? [n] n
11 out of 11 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file MAKEALL.rej
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n] n
Apply anyway? [n] n
37 out of 37 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file Makefile.rej
5 out of 13 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file README.rej
The next patch would create the file blackfin_config.mk,
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n] n
Apply anyway? [n] n
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file
blackfin_config.mk.rej
The next patch would create the file
board/BuS/EB+MCF-EV123/EB+MCF-EV123.c,
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n] n
Apply anyway? [n] n
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file
board/BuS/EB+MCF-EV123/EB+MCF-EV123.c.rej
The next patch would create the file board/BuS/EB+MCF-EV123/Makefile,
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n] n
Apply anyway? [n] n
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file
board/BuS/EB+MCF-EV123/Makefile.rej
The next patch would create the file board/BuS/EB+MCF-EV123/VCxK.c,
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n] n
Apply anyway? [n] n
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file
board/BuS/EB+MCF-EV123/VCxK.c.rej
The next patch would create the file board/BuS/EB+MCF-EV123/VCxK.h,
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n] n
Apply anyway? [n] n
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file
board/BuS/EB+MCF-EV123/VCxK.h.rej
The next patch would create the file
board/BuS/EB+MCF-EV123/cfm_flash.c,
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n] n
Apply anyway? [n] n
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file
board/BuS/EB+MCF-EV123/cfm_flash.c.rej
The next patch would create the file
board/BuS/EB+MCF-EV123/cfm_flash.h,
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n] n
Apply anyway? [n] n
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file
board/BuS/EB+MCF-EV123/cfm_flash.h.rej
The next patch would create the file board/BuS/EB+MCF-EV123/config.mk,
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n] n
Apply anyway? [n] n

The patch might have been built against an  ancient  version  of  the
software - this is of no use.

Sorry.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Testing can show the presense of bugs, but not their absence.
                                                   -- Edsger Dijkstra