[U-Boot-Users] AVR32 patchset available

Haavard Skinnemoen hskinnemoen at atmel.com
Thu Aug 31 15:03:08 CEST 2006

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:38:45 +0200
Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> Dear Haarvard,
>
> in message <20060831140349.524b989d at cad-250-152.norway.atmel.com> you
> wrote:
> >
> > I've created a stripped-down patchset for AVR32 which can be
> > downloaded from http://avr32linux.org/patches/u-boot/1.1.4-hs1/.
> > The various files there should be familiar to anyone who have used
> > -mm versions of the Linux kernel. The various formats are also
> > explained at http://avr32linux.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/UbootPatches
>
> Ummm.. I assume that
> http://avr32linux.org/patches/u-boot/1.1.4-hs1/u-boot-1.1.4-hs1.patch.bz2
> contains everything, right?

Well, everything and more, actually. It also contains "upstream.patch"
which is everything between U-Boot 1.1.4 and the git head I rebased
against.

Sorry I forgot to mention that. It's explained on the UbootPatches page
I mentioned, though.

> > If anyone would take a look and tell me what you think should be
> > done differently, I would be very grateful. Ulf, have you looked at
> > the patches before? Do you have any comments?
>
> Yes, please read the README, and follow the rules given there.

Uh...could you please be more specific? I know some of the patches are
too large, but it's hard to split them up any further. I thought I'd
keep them off the list to avoid bothering people who don't really care
about the AVR32 port, but I can of course post them if you want me to.

The only other things I can think about are CHANGELOG and CREDITS
entries, although the Subject: line in each patch should be suitable
for the changelog, no?

> The patch might have been built against an  ancient  version  of  the
> software - this is of no use.

Indeed. But you really shouldn't apply the "combined" patch -- I
intended that one for people who want to test stuff without having to
figure out the exact git state I made the patchset against.

Also, as I mentioned in the previous mail, some of the patches have
been submitted before, and some should not be applied at all. Here are
the patches you may want consider:

http://avr32linux.org/patches/u-boot/1.1.4-hs1/broken-out/avr32-arch.patch
http://avr32linux.org/patches/u-boot/1.1.4-hs1/broken-out/at32ap-cpu.patch
http://avr32linux.org/patches/u-boot/1.1.4-hs1/broken-out/atmel-usart.patch
http://avr32linux.org/patches/u-boot/1.1.4-hs1/broken-out/atstk1000-board.patch

These patches are all on mbox format, so if you want to merge them into
a git branch for testing, simply feed them to git-am.

If you want me to combine these patches into a single package, please
let me know.

Sorry for the noise.

Haavard