[U-Boot-Users] Porting U-Boot to AMCC 440 Spe

William Oppermann wo at mpstor.com
Mon Dec 11 14:45:24 CET 2006

Has anybody ported U-Boot to the AMCC 440-Spe processor at PVR version
53421891.

1. We have an AMCC Yucca board using a processor with PVR 53421890 (revA
silicon), the start.s code runs fine.

2. When running this same code on our board with PVR version 53421891 (revB
silicon) we always have an ESR set to 0x8000000, as soon as we enable the
MSR[ME] Bit is set we of course get a machine check.

3. We have tried a Denx patch to write all three words of the TLB table (to
make sure no parity errors are occuring) however we still have the problem.

4. We have applied a Denx patch to write the TLB table depending on whether
its revA or revB silicon.

Neither patch has cured the problem?

Has anybody seen this issue ?

William Oppermann