[U-Boot-Users] a little advice

Charles Krinke ckrinke at istor.com
Fri Dec 15 23:44:23 CET 2006

I am trying to get the 8555EP running with u-boot-1.1.6. I had previously received a u-boot-1.1.4 from Freescale with functioning 8555EP support, but when I put the 8555EP bsp into the 1.1.6 source, although it compiles and runs a bit, it does a bad trap at d00 (DataTLBError) when running.

The trap occurs in env_relocate when malloc() is run. It appears to be the second or third malloc, not the first and I have looked at the bins in the malloc area and they are all just below the top of the 64Mb of ram nead 0x03ffffff.

I wonder if someone could offer a spot of advice on where to look for troubles with malloc working in this environment as to where I might go looking next.

Charles

p.s. I apologize if this comes out html as I am using VPN back to the company webmail as I needed to head for home to cloister myself for a couple of days.