[U-Boot-Users] booting from nand/jffs2

Charles Krinke ckrinke at istor.com
Mon Dec 18 00:19:11 CET 2006

I am trying to understand how to boot a uImage contained on a NAND flash in JFFS2 format in u-boot-1.1.6. It looks like there are two choices.

The first is to format the flash in linux and write a uImage from Linux to the flash, then use the flash as a file system and boot from the uImage file on the NAND/JFFS2 flash as shown by an 'ls' command. This one seems to be heading towards a black hole, but perhaps someone could help me understand the recipe a bit more.

The second may be to use nand write.jffs2 to the flash from u-boot-1.1.6 and then use the nboot command. This one also seems to be heading towards a different black hole, with "NAND read error" being the end result (after a succesful write), but perhaps this has to do with the recipe again.

Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Charles