[U-Boot-Users] closer to nboot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Dec 18 02:01:38 CET 2006

In message <A590D28B5042C041BCC880094CB6172E33DC68 at mail1irv.inside.istor.com> you wrote:

> uboot> nboot 0x1000000
>
> At this point, I see:

>   Image Name: Linux-2.6.17.11
>   Image Type: PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
>   Data Size: 937470 Bytes
>   Load Address: 00000000
>   Entry Point: 00000000
>
> And then I get the uboot prompt back.

Looks goot to me (I guess "autostart" is not set to "yes", right?).

So what does "imi"  show after this? A valid image, right?

> I had thought that giving the address to the nboot command would
> get me a bit further, but apparently not. Also, I should note that I

You got all you asked for. What else did you expect?

[Please restrict your line leght to 70 characters or so when posting
here.]

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The ultimate barrier is one's viewpoint.
                        - Terry Pratchett, _The Dark Side of the Sun_