[U-Boot-Users] Congratulations, Wolfgang made it to space

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 20 22:16:22 CET 2006

In message <45898061.2070205 at smiths-aerospace.com> you wrote:

> /Linux blasts off in U.S. tactical satellite/
>
> "The PowerPC CPUs are running a modified version of the DENX ELDK 3.1
> Linux 2.4.25. The bootloader is U-Boot 1.1.2."
>
> Very cool stuff.

Yes, that's really cool indeed.

But I have to correct you're subject line: its not me who made  this,
it's  we  all  here  contributing  to  this  and  other Free Software
projects. Without such a great community neither U-Boot nor Linux nor
the ELDK would exist. I'm just a small piece in this puzzle,  and  as
some  of you know all too well I'm too often more a bottleneck than a
help.

So all I can say is: Thanks to all of you folks who contribute to all
these projects and make such things possible with Free Software.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There are two kinds of people, those who do the work  and  those  who
take  the  credit.  Try  to  be  in  the  first  group; there is less
competition there.                                    - Indira Gandhi