[U-Boot-Users] Congratulations, Wolfgang made it to space

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 09:05:34 CET 2006

> thouht it probably going nowhere.  I've never thought Linux could make
> to the space, since I was an Aerospace enineer before and i know

Linux in space is not really new.

Unless I am mistaking, this is not the first time Linux has made it into
space, I seem to remember some presentation on FOSDEM or possibly within
the DSP Valley framework where an engineer from Verhaert presented their
new system (replacing an older one), but was now running Linux. As far
as I remember though (tm). There is another company (Newtec) that is
involved with ESAT satellite design that is using Linux (AFAIK).

But nothing relevant about the bootloader, so I'll be flamed about being
OT :-"

--
  Marc Leeman
  R&D Firmware Engineer

  Barco Security and Monitoring Division
  Noordlaan 5, Industriezone, B-8520 Kuurne (BE)
  Tel. +32 56 368 428
  http://www.barco.com/controlrooms/
  mailto:marc.leeman at barco.com