[U-Boot-Users] U-boot environment not loading from flash

Umar Qureshey umarq at quartics.com
Sat Feb 11 01:52:20 CET 2006

Hi,

I am using latest u-boot with an ARM Integrator/CP board (16MB flash).
Everything is fine except that when I save the environment in the flash
and reboot the system, u-boot restarts with the environment variables it
was compiled with, not what has been saved in the flash sector.  I used
the md command to peek into the specified flash sector (0x24f80000) and
I did see the saved environment stuff in there.  It just seems that it
does not get reloaded and also it does not give any error about bad CRC
of the environment variables saved in flash.  CFG_ENV_IS_IN_FLASH is
defined as (1).   I can always recompile with the correct environment
variables but I should not need to if this feature works.

Any clues anyone??

Regards,
Umar