[U-Boot-Users] Write a message to UART Port

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 17 01:09:43 CET 2006

In message <d4c21b830602131633k7dde60fcuf4abf1f6f634514f at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I want to write an application which writes some message in PPC440SP board
> UART port. I am actually using U-boot 1.1.4 as a boot loader .
> Can anyone explain me what exactly needs to be done for this? I have seen

See the hello world program in the examples directory.

> the helloWorld standalone program, but my interest is to initialize the
> stack and other minimal steps in my application and call the C function to

I don't understand. U-Boot already does this for you. Just use it.

> ------=_Part_4709_28731391.1139877237486

And *NEVER* post HTML here.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You might not be as stupid as you look. This is not hard. Let's think
about this. I mean ... I'll think about this, and  you  can  join  in
when you know the words.             - Terry Pratchett, _Men at Arms_