[U-Boot-Users] Memory Banks & Flash Mapping

Josef Angermeier Josef.Angermeier at informatik.stud.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Feb 14 08:31:13 CET 2006

Hello u-boot users,

in the README-file you can read this:

- FLASH_BASE0_PRELIM, FLASH_BASE1_PRELIM, CFG_REMAP_OR_AM,
  CFG_PRELIM_OR_AM, CFG_OR_TIMING_FLASH, CFG_OR0_REMAP,
  CFG_OR0_PRELIM, CFG_BR0_PRELIM, CFG_OR1_REMAP, CFG_OR1_PRELIM,
  CFG_BR1_PRELIM:
     		Memory Controller Definitions: BR0/1 and OR0/1 (FLASH)

So memory bank 1 shouldn't get used for SDRAM, but bank 2 and 3 ?
*_PRELIM is the address before u-boot relocation to RAM, isn't it ?
But *_REMAP after that ?

Whats CFG_FLASH_BASE good for, if i have to configure the memory bank
base register value of my MPC875-board anyway with CFG_BR0_* ?

Further, i am now facing the problem, that my BR1 SDRAM-memory bank gets
changed correctly at u-boot runtime, but the BR0-flash-memory-bank keeps
its PRELIM-value when reaching the command shell.

I now wonder, if i misconfigured my board header file, or if not,
where i shall add the new memory bank reprogramming code for flash space
- in drivers/cfi_flash.c:flash_init() ?

One last question: I am porting u-boot to a not yet very popular
developer board with a MPC875. Shall i add my changes although to your
CVS repository ?

Thanks in advance

Josef