[U-Boot-Users] Memory Banks & Flash Mapping

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 17 01:12:46 CET 2006

In message <20060214073113.GA2319 at false> you wrote:

> So memory bank 1 shouldn't get used for SDRAM, but bank 2 and 3 ?

You design the hardware, you it's your choice.

> *_PRELIM is the address before u-boot relocation to RAM, isn't it ?
> But *_REMAP after that ?

Wrong. Please read the README.

> Whats CFG_FLASH_BASE good for, if i have to configure the memory bank
> base register value of my MPC875-board anyway with CFG_BR0_* ?

There is more than just one architecture...

> Further, i am now facing the problem, that my BR1 SDRAM-memory bank gets
> changed correctly at u-boot runtime, but the BR0-flash-memory-bank keeps
> its PRELIM-value when reaching the command shell.

Misconfigured system?

> I now wonder, if i misconfigured my board header file, or if not,

Yes.

> where i shall add the new memory bank reprogramming code for flash space
> - in drivers/cfi_flash.c:flash_init() ?

??? There should be no need to add anything.

> One last question: I am porting u-boot to a not yet very popular
> developer board with a MPC875. Shall i add my changes although to your
> CVS repository ?

CVS is dead. We use git now.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply  to  serve  as  a
warning to others.