[U-Boot-Users] u-boot kernel parameters

Simon Yang bestwish.simon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 07:47:54 CET 2006

Hi Travis,

Thanks for your reply. I still have a question, for rgmii mode the bits 11:9
of phy reg 0x17 should be 001 which means the I/O pin operate from 2.5V,
default is 3.3V if the value of bits 11:9 is 000, so whether I should
set reg 0x17 to 1200.

The cpu we use is MPC8349E, I set the reg ECNTRL to 0x00001010 , I can
meature the signals on TSEC1_GTX_CLK, Tx_EN and Tx_D[0:3], the RGMII should
operate on 2.5v but the voltage I meature on Tx_D is 3.3v , so there is a
problem  that the value of reg SICRH(in local memory offset is 0x118) is
always 00000002(GMII mode and RGMII mode), but in the datasheet of MPC8349E
the bits 30 and 31of reg SICRH (TSOBI1 and TSOBI2) controls the output
buffer impedance of the TSEC1and TSEC2 output signals, so I think the value
I get is not what I expected. Cany anybody tell me how the reg SICRH get
this value? Seems SICRH only use in /cpu/mpc83xx/cpu_init.c file. Thanks a
lot!