[U-Boot-Users] PPC8xx chip select configuration at startup

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 17 22:08:03 CET 2006

In message <482F3C06ECF00C44AEC226520C6FCB1A51ED01 at EXCHANGEVS.HYPERCOM.COM> you wrote:

> So guess what.  I got U-boot to run without the 'boot value'
> modification to CS0 I had discussed.  I think my problem was related to
> my debugging tool, the visionCLICK ICE... I had it configured to set

WHile I have nothing against a  little  Vision*-bashing,  you  should
stay honest here: The tool is probably not to blame...

> values into the target at reset.  So of course the values of BR0/OR0

... this was a pilot error.

> were overridden with whatever I had in there... which were not the same
> as what the board booted up with.  I hadn't occurred to me to look for
> and turn off this option until you asked for the values.

I always recommend to use a *minimal* init file in your  debug  tool,
just  doing  what  is  unavoidable  (i. e. disable the watchdog). You
should never mess  with  the  memory  controller  configuration  when
trying to debug U-Boot.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Mr. Cole's Axiom:
        The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant;
        the population is growing.