[U-Boot-Users] hang after "Transferring Control to Linux": bd_info difference ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Feb 20 13:41:23 CET 2006

In message <20060220121837.GC31756 at false> you wrote:

> Just wanted to be sure, that its no bd_info-differ-bug. But you are
> probably right. Please be so kind and tell me, if the
> monitor-func-pointer difference in the two bd_info struct is of any
> concern.

No. If this is the only difference, then it's just  an  absolete  and
unsued  field  at  the end of the structure. But why don't you simply
remove it???

> Analyzing the kernel log revealed the following: Most of the time there
> is nothing in the log, sometimes the kernel version etc. can be found
> and a "Ooops: kern" and once i also found a "Machine ch" output.
>
> Any hint what could go wrong ?

With a likelyhood of 99.93% your SDRAM initialization is broken.

[I think I should program a function key to automatically insert this
text. ;-) ]

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If the hours are long enough and the pay  is  short  enough,  someone
will say it's women's work.