[U-Boot-Users] hang after "Transferring Control to Linux": bd_info difference ?

Josef Angermeier Josef.Angermeier at informatik.stud.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Feb 20 14:02:59 CET 2006

Hello Wolfgang

> > Just wanted to be sure, that its no bd_info-differ-bug. But you are
> > probably right. Please be so kind and tell me, if the
> > monitor-func-pointer difference in the two bd_info struct is of any
> > concern.

> No. If this is the only difference, then it's just  an  absolete  and
> unsued  field  at  the end of the structure. But why don't you simply
> remove it???

Ok, good to know!

> > Analyzing the kernel log revealed the following: Most of the time there
> > is nothing in the log, sometimes the kernel version etc. can be found
> > and a "Ooops: kern" and once i also found a "Machine ch" output.

> > Any hint what could go wrong ?

> With a likelyhood of 99.93% your SDRAM initialization is broken.

> [I think I should program a function key to automatically insert this
> text. ;-) ]

Oooh no, i hoped i would never have to get familiar with SDRAM
initialization, of which i have no clue. But i feared that because "mtest"
failes with:

=> mtest
Pattern 00000000  Writing...

But how is this possible ? - u-boot gets successfully executed in SDRAM!

Thanks for your guess, at least i know in which direction to go for
bug hunting.

> Best regards,

> Wolfgang Denk

Schoene Gruesse,