[U-Boot-Users] lib_xxxx and board.c concept

Finn S. Nielsen finnstadel at tiscali.dk
Sat Feb 25 23:59:04 CET 2006

Hello All,

Does anyone know the concept (if any) behind the lib_xxx directories and the board.c file ?
Although lib__xxx would indicate a generic/common set of cpu architecture specific functions, the board.c file actually contains board related initialization functions.

Wouldn't these functions better live in the board specific directories ?

There is a long text in board.c explaining that now there is an array of functions to be called during startup/initialization, but the functions included are still listed in board.c - so any board specific function would (still) have to be selected using ifdef's.

Now it seems I need to change the existing board.c file for the architecture I'm dealing with (microblaze), which means I could potentially break the existing (suzaku) code that's already there.

Also does anyone have a list of initialization functions (I won't get all by grepping for *_init ).

Regards,

Finn