[U-Boot-Users] Re: Re: Rx-buffer overlow

Josef Angermeier Josef.Angermeier at informatik.stud.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Feb 28 09:56:06 CET 2006

> In message <20060228081735.GA4849 at false> you wrote:
> >=20
> > fec_recv[249] err: 802
> > fec_recv[249] err: 2802
> > fec_recv[249] err: 802
> >=20
> > According to the Rx-buffer-status bits, an overlow takes place. So ping
> > just works if there is less network traffic.  But why ? - is the receiv=
> > buffer to small, the CPU to slow ?=20

> At which clock frequency are you running your CPU?

the MPC875 is running at 40MHz!

Btw, ethernet just works in 10MB half duplex mode (probably failure in
hardware). Maybe this is also related to that problem!

U-Boot 1.1.3 (Feb 28 2006 - 09:27:50)

CPU:   MPC885ZPnn at 40 MHz [40.0...50.0 MHz]
       8 kB I-Cache 8 kB D-Cache FEC present
       You made sure it's an ESM this is running on, right?
       DRAM:  64 MB
       FLASH: 16 MB
       In:    serial
       Out:   serial