[U-Boot-Users] Help req on IMMR selection for MPC8260 customs board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 4 10:30:19 CET 2006

In message <OFADBF1407.4C9027A2-ON652570EC.0026A8C0-652570EC.00293A12 at tcs.com> you wrote:

> My MPC8260 based customs board gives the u-boot prompt with IMMR value
> 0x0F000000. Now I changed the IMMR to 0xF0000000, but the I can not get
> the Boot prompt, why?   I change the IMMR in u-boot,  as I found in the

Because your configuration is uincomplete / incorrect.

> mailing list that for linux to come up we should change the IMMR in u-boot
> to 0xF0000000. Is this true?

It is one of the possible values that will work with Linux.

> 1. Is it possible to bring up Linux by u-boot having IMMR 0x0F000000? ( I

Yes, but this will not work with Linux.

> found in the documentation, that in Linux tree I need to set
> IMAP_ADDR=CFG_IMMR , but doing so, does not bring up Linux.  where is the
> wrong? ) . I am bit confused that, in one document says that setting the
> same IMMR value both in U-boot and Linux should bring up Linux and the
> other document says that for Linux to come up IMMR value at u-boot should
> be set as 0xF0000000.  What is the truth?

Both is correct. There is no  discrepance  between  both  statements.
Note  that  0xF0000000  is  just an example; other values in the high
addess range (like 0xFFF00000)  may  work,  too,  depending  on  your
system configuration.

> 2. What to change to get boot prompt for IMMR 0xF0000000

Change your board configuration.

> Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the infor
> mation contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attach

PLEASE REMOVE this crap when  posting  on  public  maling  lists.  If
necessary, post from a different account that does not add such crap.

> --=_alternative 00293990652570EC_=

And STOP posting HTML!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I think there's a world market for about five computers.
         -- attr. Thomas J. Watson (Chairman of the Board, IBM), 1943