[U-Boot-Users] bl cpu_init_f jumps to an wrong point.

Nekto Peresmeshnik peresmeshnik at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 14:31:52 CET 2006

Hello community,

I've problem with jump to cpu_init_f. I trace the begin of u-boot execution,
i.e. assembler code. It is okay, until it achieves the jump to cpu_init_f.
Then it jumps to a random point. "Random" means that it is same point for
every compilation. After next compilation this point changes randomly.

The picture is next: in debugger I see that cpu_init_f placed on the address
0xfff06924.
I see same when I do disassemble the u-boot image.

Please hint where may I be mistaken?

The board: custom 8247A based, 2 M. flash.
Compilation: configured and compiled for 8260. Neither error nor warnings
during compilation.
Toolchain: ELDK version 3.1.1 Build 2005-06-07
Linux: SuSE 9.3 kernel 2.6.11.4-21.9-default