[U-Boot-Users] Jump vector table after relocation

Umar Qureshey umarq at quartics.com
Thu Jan 5 00:33:22 CET 2006

Hi,

I am studying the startup code in cpu/arm926ejs/start.S.  I have a
question regarding relocation.  I understand how and under what
conditions the code is relocating.  But it seems to me that during
relocation, u-boot copies verything including the jump vector table to
the RAM.  However, the CPU is only aware of a fixed address for the
vector jump table i.e. 0x00000000.  So my question is, is this copying
redundant?  Or does the CPU somehow use the newly copied table residing
in RAM, rather than the original flash one?  On the ARM Integrator/CP
board I am using, external switches do allow RAM to be located at
0x00000000 instead of flash but I don't think this switch can be done at
run time.

Regards,

Umar