[U-Boot-Users] Suggestion on flash init

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 5 00:51:53 CET 2006

Dear Tolunay,

in message <43BC4CD4.9020308 at orkun.us> you wrote:

> Wolfgang, when can we expect the pull-up of patches on the cfi_flash.c
> driver? I am personally holding up for existing patches to go through

Well, in the last two months most of my time has been  sucked  up  by
the  (long  delayed)  release  of  ELDK  4.0  (and  by  a little Xmas
vacation :-).

Keep your finger's crossed, and tonight's ELDK build  might  be  what
we'll  release  as 4.0; the files in the CVS have already been tagged
as 4.0. If no new problems show up, this should enable  me  to  spend
some more time on U-Boot again.

> before I work on new patches.

Ummm... if you use git, you can and should make yourself  independent
of  my  patch  backlog. Actually if you spend the effort to go though
the list of cfi_flash driver related  patches  and  come  up  with  a
(somewhat  tested)  summary  patch  (or branch) that would be a great
help. We could do the same  like  with  the  NAND  code:  add  it  as
#testing-CFI branch, and if nobody complains I will merge it a little
later.

*All* feedback I receive for patches  (like  messages  saying  "added
patches X, Y, and Z, works for me, here ... is the URL of my git repo
where you can pull from) is welcome and helps to accelerate things.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The existence of god implies a violation of causality.