[U-Boot-Users] Flash erasing problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 5 15:11:36 CET 2006

In message <200601051352.41766.takacs.aron at infracont.hu> you wrote:

> > Which flash driver are you using? Can you erase / program  the  flash
> > using a JTAG debugger?
> I am using a precompiled u-boot image from the board's vendor (Toradex AG.).

Then you should probably ask the vendor's support folks.

> Where can I check the type of the selected flash driver?

In the source code. You received  the  source  code  or  at  least  a
written offer for it with your board, didn't you?

> I have downloaded the u-boot image to the board via jtag (jflash utility), so
> it is working.

OK.

> I have some interesting thing in the u-boot output:
> Bank # 1: INTEL 28F128J3A
>   Size: 32 MB in 128 Sectors
>
> On the board I have two flash chips (2x16MB) of the type 28F128J3C150.
> Is it OK? I think I had to see two bank of 16MB each.

I guess it's OK. I don't know your hardware, but most  probably  both
chips  are operated as 2 x 16 bit in parallel to form a single 32 bit
wide bank.

Unfortunately they never bothered to submit their code  back  to  the
public  source  tree. All I know is that Detlef Vollmann once (August
2005) mentioned that there is some port, but  he  never  submitted  a
patch either.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Q: What do you get when you cross an ethernet with an income statement?
A: A local area networth.