[U-Boot-Users] Flash erasing problem

Jitendra Vegiraju jvegiraju at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 09:25:01 CET 2006

On 1/5/06, Takács Áron <takacs.aron at infracont.hu> wrote:

> Copy to Flash... not erased at 00480000 (ffff0000).
> Could anyone please help me in solving this problem? Thanky you very much!

I remember seeing similar issue on u-boot pre-1.0 release that I worked on.
I don't recollect the exact driver issue, I think it has some thing to do
with timeout value in erase command.
In my case the u-boot returned the command prompt well before the erase
process is complete.
Try waiting for sufficient time (depending on number of sectors) after
issuing erase command.
Again, it was longtime ago I don't remember the details.

Regards,
Jitendra Vegiraju