[U-Boot-Users] Flash erasing problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jan 7 14:59:53 CET 2006

In message <1d323d260601070025j44958f17y14d8c1728b3d661a at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> On 1/5/06, Takács Áron <takacs.aron at infracont.hu> wrote:
> >
> > Copy to Flash... not erased at 00480000 (ffff0000).
> > Could anyone please help me in solving this problem? Thanky you very much> !

[Tolunay Orkun posted the solution: using a correct length parameter.]

> I remember seeing similar issue on u-boot pre-1.0 release that I worked on.
> I don't recollect the exact driver issue, I think it has some thing to do

No, this has nothing do with any problems in the code. It was a plain
user error, specifying a bad length with the copy command (4 times of
the intended amount).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Not one hundred percent efficient, of course ... but nothing ever is.
	-- Kirk, "Metamorphosis", stardate 3219.8